Upgrade Openfire from 3.8.x to latest version ( 3.9.3 ) in Ubuntu
Upgrade Openfire :
Here we are going to upgrade Openfire server on Ubuntu server, As we have tested on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS but it should work on all debian based systems .
Here are some steps which i have done on my Ubuntu Server.
(1) First Check installed Openfire version on your server through Ubuntu Command and Graphical you can check through login .
[email protected]:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep openfire openfire install
(2 ) Now you need to login with root user in Ubuntu server .
login as: ubuntu Authenticating with public key "imported-openssh-key" Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-36-generic x86_64) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/ System information as of Tue Dec 16 08:56:29 UTC 2014 System load: 0.0 Processes: 99 Usage of /: 15.6% of 7.74GB Users logged in: 0 Memory usage: 20% IP address for eth0: 172.31.29.254 Swap usage: 0% Graph this data and manage this system at: https://landscape.canonical.com/ Get cloud support with Ubuntu Advantage Cloud Guest: http://www.ubuntu.com/business/services/cloud 75 packages can be updated. 43 updates are security updates. Last login: Tue Dec 16 08:56:31 2014 from 22.214.171.124 [email protected]:~$ sudo su - [email protected]:~#
(3) Now you’ll need to download . Using your browser on your own PC, visit the download section on the website. Click Linux and then click the Debian package, which will be named something like openfire_3.8.2_all.deb. On the next page, cancel the download and copy the link from click here. Now download it onto your virtual server using:
wget -o openfire_3.9.3_all.deb http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=openfire/openfire_3.9.3_all.deb
(4) Stop the Service on server like below command .
[email protected]:~# /etc/init.d/openfire stop best java alternative in: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre Stopping ...
(5) Now update the old OpenFire using dpkg with the below command .
[email protected]:~# dpkg -i openfire_3.9.3_all.deb
(6) After upgrade server , service should start automatic. if it’s not already running, start it again.
[email protected]:~# /etc/init.d/openfire start best java alternative in: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre Starting...
(8) go to Security Settings and make the checkmark at “Accept self-signed certificates. Server dialback over TLS is now available.”