Due to the long End of Life that at least until 2029 and committed to supporting as a result AlmaLinux OS are being popular in the open-source software community. Now cPanel & WHM also supporting for AlmaLinux OS and Ubuntu LTS. This post also describes installation on both operating systems. It looks like AlmaLinux is the best alternative to CentOS 8 Linux. Let’s Check System Requirements for AlmaLinux & Ubuntu Server.
System Requirements for AlmaLinux & Ubuntu OS
Currently, cPanel / WHM is supporting AlmaLinux OS version 8 and Ubuntu version 20.04 LTS Server.
|Operating System||RAM||Disk Space||CPU Processor|
|Ubuntu 20.04 LTS||Recommended: 4 GB||Recommended: 40 GB||Minimum: 1.1 GHz|
|AlmaLinux 8||Recommended: 2 GB||Recommended: 40 GB||1.1 GHz|
- Both Operating systems needed a Minimum of 1 GB RAM.
- Minimum Both OS Needed 20 GB Storage.
- Both Supporting 64 -bit Architecture.
- In using Antivirus Scanner, Strongly recommended minimum of 3 GB RAM.
Others Basic Requirements
- Hostname should be in a fully qualified domain name and the domain should not be matched in the Cpanel account. The below command will set the hostname in both operating systems.
# hostnamectl set-hostname cpanel.techtransit.org
- cPanel recommends disabling the OS firewall . The Cpanel installer opens the necessary port at the time of installation. To deactivate firewalls on AlmaLinux OS 8 and Ubuntu follow the below steps.
Disabling Firewall on AlmaLinux
# iptables-save > ~/almafirewall.rules # systemctl stop firewalld.service # systemctl disable firewalld.service
Disable Firewall on Ubuntu Linux
# iptables-save > ~/ubuntufirewall.rules # systemctl stop ufw.service # systemctl disable ufw.service
- cPanel recommends the Operating System should be in the minimal install state. To set on a minimal target run the below command as the root user to set on multi-user. target, which represents the target. state target.
# systemctl set-default multi-user.target # systemctl get-default
- Perl must be installed . Below command will install perl package on your server.
# yum -y install perl
- Install curl command .
# yum -y install curl
- Disable Security Enhanced Features ( SELinux )
To disable, open the SELinux configuration file /etc/selinux/config and set the parameter SELINUX to disabled.
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of three two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected. # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
Installation Steps for Ubuntu & AlmaLinux OS
Now we will download the Cpanel script on the home directory of the server, which will install Cpanel & WHM. Follow the below steps for installation.cPanel License you can buy from the below button.
# cd /home # curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest # sh latest
Now the script will take some time. You will get some output related to installation information access details. Use in login root as a user and use the password of the root user. You will get WHM access like the below URL.
WHM Access URL
https://your –server-public-ip:2087 OR https://server-hostname:2087
Hope this post works for you.please comment here and give us feedback .