Installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7)
February 13, 2016
Installation of RHEL7 with Screenshots.
Hi Linux Geeks,This article will guide you step by step in installation of RHEL 7 ( Red Hat Enterprise Linux7 ) .Red Hat announced general availability of RHEL 7 on June 10, 2014 .Red Hat says that RHEL 7 “lays the foundation for the open hybrid cloud and serves enterprise workloads across converged infrastructure.”
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is available on the following architectures:
RHEL 7 only supports 64 bit architechtures hardware.Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is able to run 32-bit operating systems,including previous versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, as virtual machines. You can download from RHEL7 DVD/ISO download center from https://access.redhat.com/downloads. On these installation i use graphical installer, their are text-based installer and unattended installer ( Kick-start automated installation ) also available .So let’s begin installation…
- Select install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 on GRUB menu.
- Choose your language preference,Which would you like to use during the installation process.
- Now in step third RHEL7 gives us an options to set location,Date and Time , In the software section , i have choosen Server with gui option for graphical interface and at last in the System section there is an installation destination,you can choose to customize your partition scheme.
- In choosing the partitioning section rhel 7 , select the device where you want to install and I have choosen option “i will configure partioning” after the selection of your choice ,click on the left hand top their is “Done” menu button . After clicking on the “Done”menu button you will find another screen where you can create partitions as per your choice.
- You can use the “+” icon to create partition. You just need to specify the mount point and the size in mb or GB as desired. The best thing in RHEL7 is that when you bring your mouse over the text box, it will show you how and what values need to be supplied.
- I have only create / , boot and swap basic partion.
- Now Installation Destination option looking without notice sign.
- After click on left hand top “Done” button . RHEL7 gives the opportunity to set root password and user creation . Set the password and create a user for RHEL 7 .
9. Below is screencast for reset password