In this article, our goal and objective will be the installation of the CWP Control Web Panel. CentOS web panel is open-source software, which helps in managing web hosting effectively and efficiently for users.
Like the Cpanel / whm CWP Panel is also having admin web access and users panel access separately. and It is free of cost. Control Web Panel also provides a demo for a client, who wants to test or demo before installation. You can get demo details from here. DEMO CLICK HERE
Control Web panel official sites provide us installation script web URL that will automate the installation of CWP Panel that script will take approx 30 to 60 min. Below are the system requirements and server preparation steps.
Prerequisites System Requirements and Server Preparation
- You should have the root access or root access privilege of the server and Try to be logging in as root.
- You should have fresh installed Operating System from scratch and below is operating systems list , you can pick one of them and the server should have static IP Addresses. CWP suggest for best performance his hosting servers .
Operating System : CentOS 7 MINIMAL CentOS 8 Stream Rocky Linux AlmaLinux Oracle Linux
- Set the server host name like in FQDN format . The hostname does not match with any domain , which you are planning in configure in the server domain list. For example : if you want to configure domain example.com in your server then you can use hostname like hostname.example.com as fully qualified hostname.
To set the Hostname command, please follow the below steps.
# hostnamectl set-hostname cwp.techtransit.org
- Memory Requirement : 64 bit OS needed minimum 2 GB RAM . Recommended Memory is 4 GB for fully functional system.
- Minimum disk space needed 10+ GB . You will sure needed more hard disk as you are using for web hosting setup , so this will be according to your need.
- Prerequisites steps for control panel installation :
Install EPEL on the repository on Latest Version 8 Linux Based Operating system through the below command :
# yum install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm
The below commands are for basic needed requirements and server update steps.
# yum -y install wget
# yum -y update
Steps for Control Web Panel (CWP) Installation
Below are three steps for panel installation, we will download the centos web panel authorized script and execute for installation that will automate the installation of the panel.
For Alma , Rocky and Oracle Linux Version 8
# cd /usr/local/src # wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el8-latest # sh cwp-el8-latest
Normal URL : http://SERVER_IP:2030 SSL URL : https://SERVER_IP:2031 Username: root Password: your root password